History

When the Stoomzuivelfabriek cooperative was established in 1895, it had 108 members and it handled 300,000 litres of milk. As more and more milk had to be processed, a completely new factory was built in 1928. In addition to butter, the factory also produced condensed milk. In 1962 the factory consolidated its strength with cooperatives from Slagharen, Ruinen and Zuidwolde. The name changed to “Drents-Overijsselse Cooperation”, for short DOC. That year, thousands of dairy farmers supplied the factory with 80 million kilograms of milk.

In 1986 the entire enterprise moved to Alteveerstraat in Hoogeveen. Since 2003 DOC Kaas also operates from a second production site, at the newly built Diary Park at Buitenvaart. Cheese is currently our main product.